Client Services Specialist
About God’s Love We Deliver
For people living with severe illness in the New York City metropolitan area, God’s Love We Deliver provides nutrition therapy, and cooks and home delivers medically tailored meals. We are a non-sectarian organization. All of our services are provided free to clients and full of love.
God’s Love We Deliver requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are eligible for an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief.
About the Role
We seek a Client Services Specialist to join our Client Services Team to help bring our life-changing program to more New Yorkers. The Client Services Specialist is the first point of contact for anyone wishing to enroll in our meal-delivery program, and supports client engagement efforts with compassion and care.
If you’re looking to join a team of dedicated professionals making an impact across the NY metro area, this is the place for you!
God’s Love We Deliver offers a competitive compensation package which includes:
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday; overtime is sometimes required.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This is a hybrid position allowing for some remote work and requiring regular in-office workdays.
- This is a Full-Time non-exempt position, paying $22.00 hourly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-quality customer support to our many existing and prospective clients, from initial inquiry to ongoing program questions.
- Create a rapport with our clients; support them through their challenges accessing our life-changing program.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment tackling an array of client issues through phone and email.
- Learn about our program requirements, including eligibility; adhere to established guidelines and procedures and track your work with detail-oriented data entry.
- Engage with other team members and departments in collaborative problem-solving to address the needs of clients.
- Manage relationships with external partners that refer clients, as needed.
- Attend meetings and training’s that support the work of God’s Love We Deliver, as needed.
More specifically, the Client Services Specialist must:
- Answer calls and respond to emails in a high volume environment
- Respond to client inquiries both telephonically and by email
- Help resolve client complaints
- Provide clients with product and service information
- Enter new client information into system
- Update existing client information
- Process requests, forms and applications
- Identify and escalate priority issues
- Route calls to appropriate resource
- Follow up on client calls when necessary
- Document all client data information according to standard operating procedure
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, with a strong desire to provide support to clients living with a serious illness. You are looking for a collaborative, team-oriented environment, and you are energized by connecting clients to services. In addition, you meet the following requirements:
- Strong speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage and complete multiple tasks in a high-volume, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and familiarity with Access
- Inherently empathetic; can bring abundant patience, compassion, and listening skills to understand client needs and respond effectively
- Must be able to learn quickly to acquire the knowledge to answer client questions accurately
For this role, we prefer:
- Prior experience in the call center field and/or as a call center agent
- Prior experience in a social services organization or equivalent