Compliance & Privacy Officer (Healthcare)
God’s Love We Deliver, a nonsectarian organization, is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God’s Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client’s severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God’s Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency’s services are provided free of charge.
About the Role
The Compliance and Privacy Officer (Healthcare), reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, will have primary responsibility for the compliance and privacy programs at God’s Love We Deliver. The Compliance and Privacy Officer (Healthcare) will review, revise and maintain the organization’s compliance and privacy policies, protocols and processes; assist with compliance and privacy reviews, audits and investigations as needed. The Compliance and Privacy Officer (Healthcare) will also provide compliance and privacy program education to internal stakeholders.
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This is a hybrid position allowing for some remote work and requiring regular in-office workdays.
- This is a Full-Time exempt position, paying $82,000 – $95,000 annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain compliance and privacy policies, processes, and protocols, with the goal of continuous improvement of the efficacy of the compliance and privacy program.
- Develop and implement processes for receiving, tracking, investigating, and helping to resolve compliance and privacy questions and concerns.
- Develop and implement processes, and coordinate with Program Services, to respond to requests for client information.
- Develop, coordinate, and provide appropriate compliance and privacy training to staff.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee proper reporting channels for compliance and privacy questions and concerns.
- Serve as a resource for addressing questions and concerns about compliance and privacy.
- Coordinate with key internal stakeholders to develop, implement, and maintain processes that integrate compliance and privacy into the daily operations of the organization.
- As appropriate, support preparation for external audits and completion of internal risk assessments and audits.
- Support the development of action plans in response to compliance and privacy violations.
- Stay abreast of compliance and privacy laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, HIPAA, NYS-OMIG, HITECH, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement.
- Develop and implement processes for mitigating compliance and privacy risks.
- Create, monitor, and oversee Business Associate Agreements to ensure that all BAAs maintain privacy requirements and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the organization maintains current privacy and confidentiality consent authorization forms, information notices and materials to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and regulatory requirements.
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, with a strong desire to support our mission and your colleagues. You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In addition, the right candidate meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters or JD preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of compliance and privacy experience in a healthcare or clinical environment with a focus on risks and controls
- Strong knowledge of compliance and privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to, those related to HIPAA, OMIG, HITECH, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement, Fraud and Waste preventions
- Strong knowledge of compliance and security standards such as HITRUST and SOC-2
- Licensures: Certifications in healthcare compliance and/or healthcare privacy compliance (e.g., CCB certification, CIPP certification) strongly preferred
- Commitment to working within, and helping to support, a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
- Strong project management skills and the ability to identify and implement process improvements and solutions
- Maintenance of high ethical standards
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to effectively convey information to diverse audiences across the organization