Inventory & Receiving Manager
God’s Love We Deliver, a nonsectarian organization, is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God’s Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client’s severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God’s Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency’s services are provided free of charge.
About the Role
The Meal Packaging team at God’s Love We Deliver is a central part of our operation, organizing and packing more than 1,000 orders each weekday for our clients. We get it right, so our clients have the right food to help them heal.
The Inventory and Receiving Manager maintains an accurate system inventory of our range of products, from frozen entrees and soups (made in-house from all-natural ingredients with no preservatives or fillers) to fresh fruit, milk and yogurt, snacks, and healthy desserts. This role is essential to ensure the safe distribution and packaging of meal components. You’ll create the right controls and reports to minimize inventory variance and set up and record a range of quality checks, from order accuracy to food safety.
In addition to the Meal Packaging and Delivery Operations teams, the Inventory and Receiving Manager will collaborate with other key departments, such as the culinary department (we have the largest commercial kitchen in Manhattan); our team of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (each meal is designed to address specific health concerns); and Volunteer Services (we power our operation with more than 15,000 wonderful volunteers each year). If you’re looking to join a team of dedicated professionals making an impact across the NY metro area, this is the place for you!
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday; overtime is sometimes required.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This position requires onsite work.
- This is a Full-Time exempt position, paying $62,000 – $68,000 annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees inventory and receiving of all food items, packaging supplies and finished meals in all designated building locations
- Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments, and stock levels for all raw and finished goods
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments, and product levels to improve inventory control procedures
- Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages
- Works with Meal Packaging, Kitchen, and Delivery team to assess and quantify cancellation and disposals of finished goods
- Manages and tracks our in-house inventory; supervises product receiving; track overages and shortages
- Ensures timely first-in, first-out rotation of perishable products in warehouse; makes inventory adjustments for all recall, returned, and expired inventory
- Plans, schedules and organizes weekly, monthly and annual inventory physical counts
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory and receiving employees
- Manages schedules of employees to coordinate deliveries and shipments to optimize operations
- Communicates effectively with staff who perform inventory and receiving functions to meet business goals
- Proposes strategies for ongoing improvement planning
- Data enters receipts and issue out of all delivered meals
- Reports on inventory levels, logistics, and procedural efficiency, and provides feedback about personnel working on inventory and receiving, to Culinary Operations management team
- Maintains a high degree of visibility and access throughout the shift. Ensures the team has the knowledge, support, and resources required to maintain production flow.
- Generates key reports; makes recommendations based on inventory and tracking data.
- Reviews procedures and reports and uses industry best practice to help us improve our inventory accuracy.
- Follows and develops checks at all quality assurance control points; works with team to develop or enforce policies and procedures.
You are highly self-motivated, empathetic and client-focused with a strong desire to support our mission and the large teams and functions that deliver on that mission. You are looking for an organization with big goals and opportunities, and you are energized by continuous improvement, problem-solving, and helping others get it right.
In addition, the right candidate meets the following requirements:
- Minimum of three years of experience in inventory management, with experience managing people preferred
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Food service experienced preferred
- NYC Department of Health Certificate in Food Handling and or Servsafe certification required; candidates without this qualification must receive their certification within the first 90 days of hire as a condition of ongoing employment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with a range of technology tools; experience working with ERP/MRP/Advance Planning systems preferred
- Expertise in MS Office suite, including running Excel reports
- Capable of communicating across departments and levels
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to reprioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience working in supply chain/logistics preferred
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time in cold temperatures
- Ability to lift/push/move up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work on designated holidays, including Thanksgiving