Major Gifts Officer – Capital Campaign
God’s Love We Deliver, a nonsectarian organization, is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God’s Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client’s severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God’s Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency’s services are provided free of charge.
About the Role
God’s Love We Deliver is seeking a seasoned Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to help lead the charge as we raise $100 million for a new facility over the next 2 – 5 years in our Campaign for the Immediate Future. The MGO will report directly to the Director of Philanthropy and work closely with the President & CEO, Chief Philanthropy Officer and the Campaign Co-Chairs and Steering Committee. This is a high-profile assignment with much visibility among staff and volunteer leadership of the organization.
The Campaign MGO will focus on gifts ranging in size from $10,000 – $250,000. In addition to the President & CEO and CPO, the Campaign is supported by a dedicated Special Projects Director and a Dedicated Administrative Associate, along with the rest of the Executive Team and Campaign Committee.
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This is a hybrid position allowing for some remote work and requiring regular in-office workdays.
- This is a Full-Time exempt position, paying $90,000 – $100,000 annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of major donors and other prospects to achieve a portion of the capital campaign fundraising objective of $100M.
- Conducts a minimum of 100 in person visits annually with major supporters.
- Collaborates with Chief Philanthropy Officer, Director of Philanthropy and Manager of Philanthropy to develop a strategy for capital gifts +$10k.
- Collaborates with the Philanthropy team on campaign direct mail initiatives.
- Partners with the Staff, Board, and other internal and external partners to set and achieve goals, produce donor events and materials, and meet budget expectations.
- Conducts monthly meetings with senior staff to review the major donor progress.
- Works directly with donors to build strong community support for programs at God’s Love.
- Collaborates on major donor events, and major donor activities at signature events, including planning, and data collection and working with the events team.
- Works with Philanthropy Associates to ensure prompt acknowledgement of all gifts related to major donors.
- Represents God’s Love to internal and external partners to grow and maintain key relationships.
- Tracks gifts and maintains accurate records in Raiser’s Edge NXT for gifts, event attendance and relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, driven by a strong work ethic and deep integrity. You are inspired by the mission of God’s Love We Deliver and eager to join others in working to achieve it. You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In addition, the right candidate meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of fast-paced non-profit philanthropy experience.
- Proven experience working within a philanthropy department, special events experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Must be a team player and can work independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think and focus on both the near- and long-term.
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced work environment.
- Available evenings and weekends for donor visits and events as needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge NXT.