Major Gifts Officer
God’s Love We Deliver, a nonsectarian organization, is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God’s Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client’s severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God’s Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency’s services are provided free of charge.
About the Role
The Major Gifts Officer develops and executes an annual plan to cultivate & solicit major gift prospects and donors generating a portion of the department’s annual revenue goal of $19M. The Major Gifts Officer focuses on increasing the giving levels of existing donors (including managing a personal portfolio of 200+ people in addition to the larger group) and creates a new portfolio of potential donors through research, relationship building and outreach, The Major Gifts Officer collaborates with and supports Philanthropy staff, the Executive team and Volunteer Leadership groups to achieve fundraising goals for individual gifts.
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday; overtime is sometimes required.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This is a hybrid position allowing for some remote work and requiring regular in-office workdays.
- This is a Full-Time exempt position, paying $85,000 – $95,000 annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of individual donors and other prospects to achieve a portion of the annual major gifts fundraising objective of $2.5M.
- Conducts a minimum of 100 in person visits annually with major supporters.
- Lead our Young Hearts Program.
- Collaborate on the marketing of our planned giving program, The Legacy Society.
- Collaborate on the marketing of our delivery vehicle program, VANguard.
- Collaborate on the marketing of our Tiles for Love program.
- Collaborate with Chief Philanthropy Officer, Director of Philanthropy and Manager of Philanthropy to develop a strategy for annual gifts +$5k.
- Collaborate with team on direct mail initiatives.
- Partners with staff, Board, and other internal and external partners to set and achieve goals, produce donor events and materials, and meet budget expectations.
- Conducts monthly meetings with senior staff to review Individual Donor progress.
- Works directly with donors to solicit gifts and build strong community support for programs at God’s Love.
- Collaborates on individual donor events, and individual donor activities at signature events, including planning, and data collection.
- Work with Philanthropy Associates to ensure prompt acknowledgement of all gifts related to major donors.
- Represent God’s Love to internal and external partners to grow and maintain key relationships.
- Track gifts and maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge NXT for gifts, event attendance and relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, driven by a strong work ethic and deep integrity. You are inspired by the mission of God’s Love We Deliver and eager to join others in working to achieve it. You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In addition, the right candidate meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of fast-paced non-profit philanthropy experience.
- Proven experience working within a philanthropy department, special events experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Must be a team player and can work independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think and focus on both the near- and long-term.
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced work environment.
- Available evenings and weekends for donor visits and events as needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge NXT.