About God’s Love We Deliver
For people living with severe illness in the New York City metropolitan area, God’s Love We Deliver provides nutrition therapy, and cooks and home delivers medically tailored meals. We are a non-sectarian organization. All of our services are provided free to clients and full of love.
God’s Love We Deliver requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are eligible for an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief.
About the Role
The Nutrition Assistant supports the Nutrition Services Department by coordinating with our clients, their families, and caregivers allowing for efficient communication with our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. The Nutrition Assistant will assist with data entry and special projects as needed.
God’s Love We Deliver offers a competitive compensation package which includes:
- Monday through Friday; overtime is sometimes required.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This is a hybrid position allowing for some remote work and requiring regular in-office workdays.
- This is a Full-Time non-exempt position, paying $21.00 hourly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors incoming calls to departmental call center. Handles client inquiries, and transfers calls as appropriate.
- Assists the team with projects, surveys, outreach, and other tasks as needed.
- Coordinates nutrition educational mailings to clients. Tracks all materials sent in CRM. Prepares reports of all materials distributed.
- Completes department data entry for grant compliance.
- Escalates issues to team members for resolution.
- Assists with volunteer training on various systems and protocols.
- Assists with the development of educational materials for clients
- Other duties as assigned.
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, with a strong desire to use your background in Nutrition Science to support clients living with a serious illness. You are looking for a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
In addition, you meet the following requirements:
- AAS or BS in Nutrition Science with an emphasis on community nutrition, culinary nutrition, public health and/or nutrition education.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Superior attention to detail.
- Capable of prioritizing multiple demands and exercising strong time management skills with acute attention to detail; work with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality.
- Operate effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.