Operations Project Manager
God’s Love We Deliver, a nonsectarian organization, is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God’s Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client’s severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God’s Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency’s services are provided free of charge.
About the Role
The Operations Project Manager will project manage and lead stakeholders in the planning and execution of agency wide initiatives, including Thanksgiving, Winter Feast and emergency meal planning. The Operations Project Manager will be responsible for the direction, coordination, execution, implementation, and completion of complex and highly visible projects, while remaining aligned with the strategy, commitments, and goals of the organization.
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday; overtime is sometimes required.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This is a hybrid position allowing for some remote work and requiring regular in-office workdays.
- This is a Full-Time exempt position, paying $72,000 – $80,000 annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and communicate the project plan, roles/responsibilities outline and run of show timeline to ensure key deliverables and critical paths are identified, assigned and actioned in a timely manner by relevant stakeholders.
- Perform project debriefs, as needed, to leverage learnings and recommendations to enhance the overall experience for our community (clients, volunteers, donors, and staff), as well as enhance the planning process, external/internal communications, collateral elements, and training.
- Monitor business conditions and external factors (e.g., COVID requirements) to assess risk scenarios (e.g., center/facility engagement, safety protocols, resource support) and implement mitigation strategies.
- Help define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Define tasks and required resources.
- Ensure projects are met on time and on budget.
- Define, manage and present reporting relevant to individual projects within Operations and across the agency.
- Collaborate with internal departments such as Volunteer Services, IT, Program Services, Delivery and Kitchen to ensure smaller internal projects are controlled while deliverables are met based on internal objectives.
- Create, manage, and report project plans, progress, timelines, and stakeholder roles and deliverables.
- Create a budget management tool that manages, and measures spend.
- Report to the Director of Operations Projects on potential cost increases and seek approval on over-budget expenditure.
- Ensure quality controls are defined and enforced with both internal functions and customer facing messaging/content.
- Syndicate, manage and implement change controls when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Work with the Director of Operations Projects to set measurable KPIs that align with organizational objectives.
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, driven by a strong work ethic and deep integrity. You are inspired by the mission of God’s Love We Deliver and eager to join others in working to achieve it. You value others, and in yourself, and have consultative decision making. You are seeking a team-oriented environment and have a collaborative approach to work.
In addition, the right candidate meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of experience in project management, with experience leading projects from inception to successful completion
- Proven ability to navigate through differing opinions, resource constraints, and department level needs, ensuring effective and timely outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with consistent ability to communicate in a direct and diplomatic manner with all stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving, organization and time management skills
- Collaborative leadership style
- Ability to organize, manage and complete multiple tasks in a high-volume, time-sensitive environment without sacrificing quality
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management preferred
- Experience with supply chain and logistics preferred.
- Proficiency in project management software tools (e.g., Monday, Wrike)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).