For people living with severe illness in the New York City metropolitan area, God’s Love We Deliver provides nutrition therapy, and cooks and home delivers medically tailored meals. We are a non-sectarian organization. All of our services are provided free to clients and full of love.
We seek a dynamic individual to join the Community Partners team which provides God’s Love services to clients who are also patients of healthcare partners. The Program Services Specialist will help bring our life-changing program to more New Yorkers by enrolling clients in our meal delivery program, engaging clients with compassion and care, and managing functional relationships with healthcare partner staff. If you’re looking to join a team of dedicated professionals making an impact across the NY metro area, then this is the place for you!
• Provide high-quality customer support to our many existing and prospective clients via phone and email, from initial inquiry to ongoing program questions
• Possess acute attention to detail necessary to recognize errors and inaccuracies in paperwork, etc.
• Learn about our program requirements, including eligibility; adhere to established guidelines and procedures and track your work with detail-oriented data entry
• Recognize and support the importance of working with other staff across departments as a team serving a common goal
• Attend meetings and trainings that support the work of God’s Love We Deliver, as needed
More specifically, the Program Services Specialist must:
• Engage healthcare partner staff to authorize and maintain services for clients, as necessary
• Answer calls and responds to emails in a high-volume environment
• Help resolve client issues
• Provide clients with product and service information
• Enter new and updated client information into our client database system
• Conduct outreach, often in Spanish, to recruit new healthcare partners and clients
• Process requests, forms and applications
• Identify and escalate priority issues
• Route calls to the appropriate resource
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, with a strong desire to provide support to clients living with a serious illness. You are looking for a collaborative, team-oriented environment, and you are energized by connecting clients to services.
In addition, you meet the following requirements:
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in customer support
• Strong speaking and written communication skills
• Ability to organize, manage and complete multiple tasks in a high-volume, time-sensitive environment
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience using a client database
• Inherently empathetic; can bring abundant patience, compassion, and listening skills to understand client needs and respond effectively
• Must be able to learn quickly to acquire the knowledge to answer client questions accurately
For this role, we prefer:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Prior experience in the healthcare or social services fields in a client-facing role
• Prior experience in the call center field and/or as a call center agent
• Prior experience handling projects from beginning to end (planning, organizing, and managing numerous projects simultaneously)
Whether on Zoom or in the classroom, great learning starts with breakfast. Donate $25 to fund a week of breakfasts for the child of a client living with severe illness.Donate Now