About God’s Love We Deliver
For people living with severe illness in the New York City metropolitan area, God’s Love We Deliver provides nutrition therapy, and cooks and home delivers medically tailored meals. We are a non-sectarian organization. All of our services are provided free to clients and full of love.
God’s Love We Deliver requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are eligible for an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief.
About the Role
We seek a Receptionist/Office Assistant to join our Facilities Team. This full-time role is for a 9:00am-5:00pm shift Monday to Friday, though the individual in the role may sometimes be asked to fill in for other shifts if available.
The Receptionist/Office Assistant is the first point of contact for volunteers, vendors and other guests entering our building, and is often the first point of contact for security issues. The Receptionist/Office Assistant answers calls and manages the main switchboard, handles inquiries, and sorts and processes incoming and outgoing packages and shipments. The individual in this role will also perform other administrative functions for the Agency as may be required. If you’re looking to join a team of dedicated professionals making an impact across the NY metro area, this is the place for you!
God’s Love We Deliver offers a competitive compensation package which includes:
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday; overtime is sometimes required.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This position requires onsite work.
- This is a Full-Time non-exempt position, paying $21.00 hourly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as first point of contact for anyone entering the building during business hours. Welcome, screen and direct volunteers and other visitors.
- Act as onsite point of contact for security, overseeing and providing access control for the main entrance and loading dock. Be aware of, and take appropriate steps to address, any activity that could compromise safety and/or security for our building, staff, and volunteers.
- Act as Building Evacuation Supervisor during building emergencies.
- Oversee and be responsible for the punctual opening/closing procedures for building.
- Oversee front desk and reception area and keep tidy with assistance from Porter staff.
- Answer all incoming calls and general inquiries from the public. Screen and relay calls and voicemail to appropriate staff members and departments.
- Assist with mail services: sort and distribute incoming mail, processing outgoing mail. Utilize postage machine and coordinate messenger and express service shipments.
- Prepare check requests and other documents under direction from Office Coordinator.
- Maintain records for Facilities Department, including vendor, safety, and team logs. Update Facilities staff list, vendor contact list and agency directory as needed.
- Assist staff with conference room scheduling, and ordering/accepting food for meetings or special events.
- Act as backup for other reception shifts, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, with a strong desire to support our mission helping clients living with a serious illness. You are looking for a collaborative, team-oriented environment, and you are energized by working in a fast-paced environment requiring you to frequently exercise your strong guest relations skills.
In addition, you meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED; AA or BA degree preferred.
- 3 years of work experience in Front Desk / Reception, Customer Services and/or Guest Services
- Strong speaking and written communication skills.
- Friendly and upbeat, with strong guest relations skills.
- Ability to organize, manage and complete multiple tasks and priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and use good judgment, diplomacy, and discretion in carrying out your job responsibilities.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).