God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
God's Love We Deliver, a nonsectarian organization, is the New York metropolitan area's leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God's Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God's Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client's severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God's Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency's services are provided free of charge.
About the Role
We seek a Driver to ensure the efficient and safe delivery of meals to the door of our clients, and to act as a public face of God's Love in a compassionate, courteous and professional manner. Our Drivers make up to sixty (60) delivery stops per day, Monday through Friday, and are a core part of our Delivery team. If you're looking to join a team of dedicated professionals making an impact across the NY metro area, this is the place for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares for delivery by picking up the assigned vehicle, and completing an exterior vehicle inspection and interior vehicle equipment inspection.
• Ensures that the assigned vehicle is in operational order and maintains the cleanliness of delivery equipment (e.g., refrigeration unit, insulated tubs/bags, etc.)
• Properly uses and maintains assigned smart phone for communications and route assistance.
• Loads the vehicle accounting for all stops on the route. Ensures no food is missing by matching the labels on the kitted bags to the Driver's Delivery Manifest.
• Responsible for ensuring the safe distribution of meals directly to the door of our clients or designated drop-off sites.
• Communicates with clients in a professional, compassionate and courteous manner; maintains client confidentiality of all personal and health information.
• Reports vehicle maintenance issues or concerns immediately to Delivery Management.
• Reviews daily routing to ensure deliveries are timely and that all changes have been incorporated in an effective way. Reviews each client/delivery stop change for impact on routing/timing efficiency.
• Notifies Delivery Management when deliveries will be affected by any traffic delays/issues.
• Follows all safety precautions for food safety, lifting, personal and volunteer or van assistant safety and vehicle safety.
• Provides guidance to volunteer Van Assistants and orientates them in delivery safety practices.
You are highly self-motivated and energetic, and you are looking for a collaborative, team-oriented environment in which to excel. You prioritize safe driving and the safe delivery of meals to our clients who are facing severe illness.
In addition, you meet the following requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid NYS Driver's License
• Driving knowledge of the five New York City boroughs and Hudson County, New Jersey
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Ability to tolerate extreme temperatures
• Ability to sit for several hours
• Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
• Ability to identify whether, and what type of, routine maintenance is required for the delivery vans