God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
To our wonderful Community,
As we close out National Volunteer Week, we at God's Love pause to recognize and thank all of our volunteers for their heroic efforts in taking care of our clients and advancing our mission.
God's Love began as an AIDS services organization in 1985, when our founder, Ganga Stone, delivered a meal to a man dying from AIDS. It was from this one act of caring that our entire organization began, and it is with the individual and collective acts of caring that our work continues.
So much has changed since 1985.
- When we started, we delivered 5 days a week, and now we deliver once or twice a week.
- When we started, we made deliveries on foot or bicycle, and now we have a fleet of 20 vans.
- When we started, we had only a handful of volunteers, now we have 10,000 a year.
- When we started, we served hot meals, now our meals are chilled or frozen, giving our clients more control of what they eat and when they eat it at a time in their lives when they have so little control.
- When we started, we served clients with HIV/AIDS only, now we serve clients living with over 200 diagnoses.
- When we started, we cooked and delivered meals only for clients, and now, we provide tailored meals for clients, and their children and senior caregivers.
Our volunteers are truly the backbone of God's Love and we are thankful for every volunteer every day of the year. All of them have chosen to make God's Love an important part of their lives. Whether in the kitchen at the crack of dawn or after a long day at work, making walking deliveries in the rain, sitting in traffic while van assisting, bagging hundreds of individual meal components, tackling an overwhelming amount of client voicemails, processing thousands of checks or doing any number of other key tasks, our volunteers have all made a huge difference to our clients, helping us provide over 1.5 million nutritious meals this year to neighbors in great need.
Thank you, everyone, for making our life-saving services possible.
We thank our volunteers for their compassion, hard work and ongoing dedication. Their engagement and commitment are unparalleled, and we are grateful for their gifts of time and heart.
We welcome you to share your comments with God's Love We Deliver. Once you fill out our form, God's Love We Deliver reserves the right to view, edit, approve and post any submissions. God's Love We Deliver reserves the right to delete any submission for any reason, in its sole discretion, including any submission that contains vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, that is spam or includes links to other sites or that violates law; the foregoing list is not exhaustive. Notwithstanding the foregoing, please note that the comments expressed in this section of the online properties of God's Love We Deliver do not reflect the opinions of God's Love We Deliver or its Board of Directors or employees.