God's Love has been deemed an Essential Services Provider throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Race to Deliver 2021 Toolkit
The Race to Deliver is one of the largest annual fundraisers for God’s Love We Deliver. The race is a symbol of our own daily race to ensure no one person has to face the unthinkable combination of illness and hunger.
This year is the 28th year of the race and we are excited to welcome it back for IN-PERSON run/walk in Central Park, New York!
By being a part of the Race to Deliver for God’s Love We Deliver, you will help us:
- Funding life-saving medically tailored meals for New Yorkers living with severe and chronic illness who are too sick to shop or cook for themselves
- Raise awareness of our life-affirming mission
- Grow our community of ambassadors, volunteers, and donors who support God’s Love.
- Honor all of the clients of God’s Love We Deliver
Get the Word out About Your Race
1. Add to your Email Signature
On an iPhone, go to:
- Copy / paste this text with your unique fundraising link
- “Support my 2021 Race to Deliver benefiting God’s Love We Deliver! ❤️
$10 funds one meal for a New Yorker living with illness. $100 feeds a New Yorker for an entire week!
2. Make a Facebook fundraiser
- Go to the God’s Love We Deliver Facebook fundraiser
- Click Raise Money
- Click Nonprofit
- Search “God’s Love We Deliver”
- Set your goal (Why not shoot for $1,000 to fund 100 meals?)
- End date of November 21
- Title: [Your Name] Race to Deliver!
- Description: This November I’m taking to Central Park for the Race to Deliver, a 4-mile run/walk benefiting God’s Love We Deliver. This organization cooks and home-delivers more than 10,000 individually tailored meals each week day to New Yorkers living with severe and chronic illness. I run to raise much-needed funds for this cause I love so well, and I hope you’ll support me. I appreciate anything you can give. Thank you.
- Add a photo of you running or walking, volunteering at God’s Love or cooking at home as the cover photo
- Create (this posts your fundraiser)
- SHARE your Facebook fundraiser and share it often – remind folks that you’re training, how far you’ve run, and why you’re running!
3. Send a mass email
Let your loved ones know that you’re participating in the Race to Deliver to support your favorite NYC non-profit. Share your experience volunteering, personal connection to our mission, or whatever your personal reason is for participating in the Race!
Need some language about God’s Love We Deliver? See below!
God’s Love We Deliver cooks and home-delivers nutritious, medically tailored meals for people too sick to shop or cook for themselves. Founded in 1985 as a response to the AIDS pandemic, we now serve people living with more than 200 different diagnoses. To support the health and well-being of our clients, we provide ongoing nutrition assessment, education, and counseling, and advocate for food and nutrition support. God’s Love is a non-sectarian organization serving individuals living with illness, and their children and caregivers. With a community of thousands of volunteers, we home-delivered more than 2.5 million medically tailored meals to nearly 10,000 individuals last year. All services are free to clients and full of love. For more information, visit godslovewedeliver.org. Follow God’s Love on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
4. Share, share, share!
Make sure you’re talking about the Race to Deliver across all your social media platforms. Please tag us @godslovenyc and #RaceToDeliver so we can see, support, and share!
Our COVID Response
Your Fundraising Dollars at Work
$20,000. Support a family of 4 for one year. Includes home-delivered meals and unlimited nutrition education and counseling
$12,500. Delivery van operation costs for one year. Trips to the mechanic, roadside assistance, you name it! Help ensure that our vans stay on the road delivering to our clients.
$6,250. Gasoline for a delivery van for one year. We deliver to the top of the Bronx, the bottom of Staten Island, and everywhere in between, throughout the five boroughs. Help fuel our trips to our clients.
$5,000. Support one client for one full year. Includes home-delivered meals and unlimited nutrition education and counseling.
$2,245. Feed a client for 6 months. Includes home-delivered meals and unlimited nutrition education and counseling.
$1,200. Replace kitchen cutting boards. We chop well over 200,000 pounds of vegetables each year, so you can imagine how quickly we go through cutting boards. Help us keep chopping by replacing this necessary kitchen equipment.
$400. Home-delivered meals and nutrition counseling for one month.
$200. Home-delivered meals and nutrition counseling for two weeks.
$100. 10 birthday cakes for 10 clients of God’s Love.
$50. 10 soups for a God’s Love We Deliver client.
$10 = 1 meal.
What Our Clients are Saying
“You people are working for a wonderful organization that is helping me and others during tough times, especially during COVID, and I am so thankful to you all and I do include you all in my daily blessings.”
“I love my delivery driver, Ronnie! He makes me laugh and smile, and I look forward to every delivery. I am also so thankful for my birthday cake. It was an exciting surprise, and such a special moment when Ronnie gave it to me.”
“Thank you for your bravery during COVID. I have cancer and physical limitations that make shopping and cooking impossible. I do not have other help. You are always there for me.”