Give: Beat the Heat
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Advisory for today and tomorrow in New York City.
This is incredibly dangerous for many clients of God's Love.
With highs in the mid-90s, the combination of heat and humidity will increase the risk for heat related health issues, especially for the elderly and those with chronic health problems, such as lung and heart disease.
Here's how you can be prepared and stay safe this week:
• Remain inside as much as possible.
• Use air conditioning to stay cool at home, or go to a place that has air conditioning, such as a local cooling station -- click here for info on NYC cooling stations.
• If you must work outdoors, schedule frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned spaces.
• Check on any neighbors, family, or friends who may be vulnerable and alone.
• NYC residents can call 3-1-1 for more tips.
Fortunately, our amazing drivers and volunteers are working hard this week in these extreme conditions to get our nourishing and much-needed meals to clients. Because of our drivers and volunteers, and with your support, our clients don't have to worry about where their next meal will come from.
Please sponsor a meal today in honor of our dedicated team members who are braving the heat in service of our clients.
Donate Now*Required Information
Does God’s Love accept non-traditional gifts like cars, artwork or property?
What percentage of the funds God’s Love We Deliver raises goes directly to support programs that benefit clients?
Who should I call if I have a question about a donation?
Share Your Story
I just wanted to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone at Gods ...more