God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups packed baby arugula
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in cold water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, oil, salt and pepper to make a dressing.
2. Remove onion from water and discard liquid. Set aside.
3. Divide arugula among salad plates.
4. Toss fennel with orange slices and onions, then arrange on top of arugula.
5. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with almonds.
Per Serving: 100 calories (50 from fat), 5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 160mg sodium, 13gcarbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 2g protein.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
What will the dietitian and I talk about during a nutrition assessment?
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?
- JoAnn Peterson-Hawker
Tell us your story