God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
Serves 6 to 8
- 1/2 cup dried black lentils, rinsed and picked through
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans
- 3 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Combine lentils and 2 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
2. In the same saucepan, add another 2 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add edamame and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Drain, rinse under cold water and add to the bowl with lentils. Add kidney beans and cannellini beans.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic, thyme, honey, salt and pepper.
5. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Stir in parsley and pumpkin seeds; let sit at least 10 minutes for flavors to blend. The salad will keep refrigerated up to 3 days.
Per Serving: 230 calories (35 from fat), 4g total fat, 40mg sodium, 33g carbohydrates, (10 g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 15g protein.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
What will the dietitian and I talk about during a nutrition assessment?
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?