God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- Canola oil
- 1 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion, plus sliced onion for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Green or red leaf lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small pot over medium high heat. Add bulgur, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is almost absorbed and bulgur is just tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove pot from heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Uncover pot, fluff bulgur with a fork and set aside until cooled.
3. Grease grill grates with oil and preheat to medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together beef, bulgur, parsley, cumin, cinnamon, allspice and chopped onion. Form mixture into 6 patties and season all over with salt and pepper.
5. Grill patties, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side. (Alternatively, cook burgers using 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.)
6. Transfer burgers as done to hamburger buns, top with lettuce, tomatoes and sliced onions and serve.
Per Serving: 360 calories (80 from fat), 9g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 460mgsodium, 46g carbohydrates, (9 g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 26g protein.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
What will the dietitian and I talk about during a nutrition assessment?
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?
- forest hills senior
Tell us your story