God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
- Canola spray oil
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 (3/4-pound) sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8-inch baking pan with spray oil; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. In a second large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until well combined.
3. Stir in apple, sweet potato, vanilla and walnuts and then add apple mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
4. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until cake pulls away from the edges and is deep golden brown, 40 to 50 minutes.
5. Set aside to let cool and then cut into squares and serve.
Per Serving: 190 calories (45 from fat), 5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 300mgsodium, 34g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 17g sugar), 4g protein.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
What will the dietitian and I talk about during a nutrition assessment?
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?
- forest hills senior
Tell us your story