God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion or leek
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pound firm fish, such as cod or perch, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Paprika for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add potatoes, carrot, parsley, dill, salt and 6 cups water. Simmer 20 minutes.
2. For a creamier texture, purée part of the soup and return to the pot. Add fish and simmer 10 minutes more, until fish is just cooked through.
3. Serve in bowls and garnish with paprika.
Per Serving: 350 calories (30 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 45mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 55gcarbohydrates, (7 g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 25g protein.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
What will the dietitian and I talk about during a nutrition assessment?
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?
- forest hills senior
Tell us your story