God's Love We Deliver
166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Heat oil in a medium pot over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until just softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add quinoa and toast, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
3. Stir in broth and salt and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in cranberries, cover again and continue to cook until liquid is completely absorbed and quinoa is tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
5. Toss with almonds and serve.
Per Serving: 220 calories (80 from fat), 9g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 240mg sodium, 32gcarbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 6g protein.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
What will the dietitian and I talk about during a nutrition assessment?
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?