Volunteer Vaccination Protocol
Hi Volunteers! As you know, in accordance with federal, state and local guidance and regulation, we have been reviewing and updating our COVID protocols throughout the COVID pandemic to keep everyone at God’s Love safe. Thank you for your adherence to these protocols during this time.
On July 27, 2021, the CDC announced that it was recommending that both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals wear masks indoors in parts of the country that are deemed to have a high or substantial risk of transmission. Under the criteria announced, all five boroughs of New York City currently meet that definition. To comply with the CDC’s guidance, and to continue to keep everyone safe while working with God’s Love, beginning on Sunday August 1, 2021, everyone in the God’s Love office must wear a mask, covering nose and mouth, regardless of vaccination status.
Please note, as previously announced, all volunteers at God’s Love We Deliver must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated cannot volunteer at God’s Love.
Volunteers will need to show their proof of vaccination (vaccination card, Excelsior Pass or other verified method indicating proof of vaccination) to Volunteer Services staff one time to prove vaccination status.
- All volunteers must be masked while volunteering at God’s Love, regardless of vaccination status.
- Volunteers will need to share proof of vaccination before or as they arrive at God’s Love for their first shift so that the Volunteer Department can log their vaccination status.
- Volunteers can either show Volunteer Department staff their proof of vaccination when coming in to volunteer or can email a picture of their vaccination card or their Excelsior Pass to email@example.com.
- Volunteers who cannot show that they are fully vaccinated will not be permitted to volunteer at God’s Love until further notice.
- Volunteers who are currently unvaccinated but get fully vaccinated at a later date can share proof of vaccination with Volunteer Department staff and can then volunteer at any time thereafter.
Please note that as with all of our COVID protocols, this protocol is subject to change based on state, federal or local guidance and/or regulation.
Thank you for all you do for our God’s Love clients and to keep one another safe.