This is the first PSA in more than twenty years for God's Love, and aims to engage new clients, volunteers, and donors.
Physical Activities for Kids
Wondering how to keep your kids entertained AND active during COVID-19? The activities we’ve listed below are fun for kids… and the whole family! Let us know which ones you try!
Indoor Activities for Kids
- Freeze Dance. Turn on your favorite music with your kids and get moving with this fun and interactive indoor exercise option.
- Indoor Hopscotch. Using tape or rope, set up an indoor hopscotch adventure in your hallway or living room.
- Dance Along. There are many free online videos that teach kids dances to some of their favorite songs! KIDZBOP and GoNoodle on YouTube have fun “dance-alongs” that are easy to follow (see resources below).
- Jump the river. An easy game, using a ruler and a couple of pieces of string: spread the strings just one inch apart. Encourage each kid to “jump over the river.” Now widen the river by an inch each time.
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt. Make 3 columns on a board starting with the letter A (work from A-Z) and go around your home looking for the letters or words that start with these letters.
- Practicing mindful movement will help kids to release stress and anxiety during this trying time. Checkout Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube.
Challenge Game. Challenge your kids to do a certain activity XX number of times in XX number of minutes inside the house (example: jumping jacks). Can be done outside too.
- Hula Hoop. If you happen to have this item around, it is a great way to get your kids moving either inside or outside.
Outside Activities for Kids:
- Social Distance Family Walk. After meals, take your kids out for a safely distanced walk. Take different routes, and/or try to walk a little further each time.
- Relay Races. Set up a contactless relay race against your child or as a friendly competition between siblings.
- Try a game of contactless soccer or simply pass a ball back and forth.
- Leap Frog Races. Challenge your kids to an all-fours race to get their heart pumping.
- Safe Bike Ride. If possible, go for family bike ride for fun and exercise at the same time.
Resources for Additional Ideas:
- GoNoodle.com has physical activity ideas that can be executed in a small space
- YouTube: KIDZBOP Fitness, GoNoodle Fresh Start Fitness, GoNoodle Guided Dancing, Cosmic Kids Yoga, PopSugar Fitness Family Workout, Zumba Kids
- YMCA at Home has virtual workouts and family fitness ideas
6.22.23 / Clients
This year, God's Love has already cooked and home-delivered medically tailored meals for more than 12,800 clients, exceeding our annual goal early! We do this with the dedicated hearts of thousands of volunteers, donors, and …
6.5.23 / Clients
Introducing a Summer of Flavor with Menu Updates from Chef Daniel, our Culinary Team, and our Nutrition Department