This is the first PSA in more than twenty years for God's Love, and aims to engage new clients, volunteers, and donors.
From the God’s Love Kitchen: Beef Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅔ cup chopped celery
- ⅔ cup chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 ½ cups canned plum tomato, cut up, with their juice
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds pasta
- Add olive oil, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, and pinch of salt to pot. Turn heat on to medium.
- When vegetables start to sizzle, cook for 5 minutes until fragrant – stirring frequently.
- Add ground beef to pot, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no more raw beef is visible – breaking up ground beef with fork or back of spatula.
- Add beef broth and cook until about half has evaporated.
- Add tomatoes, bring to a gentle simmer and cook until beef is tender and sauce has thickened. Then add nutmeg.
- While sauce is cooking, cook your favorite pasta to your preferred doneness.
- When sauce is done, add cooked pasta to sauce and mix – using pasta water to thin if necessary.
Related Blog Posts+ view all nutrition posts
6.22.23 / Clients
This year, God's Love has already cooked and home-delivered medically tailored meals for more than 12,800 clients, exceeding our annual goal early! We do this with the dedicated hearts of thousands of volunteers, donors, and …
6.5.23 / Clients
Introducing a Summer of Flavor with Menu Updates from Chef Daniel, our Culinary Team, and our Nutrition Department