About God’s Love We Deliver
For people living with severe illness in the New York City metropolitan area, God’s Love We Deliver provides nutrition therapy, and cooks and home delivers medically tailored meals. We are a non-sectarian organization. All of our services are provided free to clients and full of love.
God’s Love We Deliver requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are eligible for an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief.
About the Role
God’s Love We Deliver offers a competitive compensation package which includes:
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Monday through Friday; overtime is sometimes required.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff.
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This position requires onsite work.
- This is a Full-Time non-exempt position, paying $20.50 hourly.
Position Objectives and Expectations
- Prepares for delivery by picking up the assigned vehicle, and completing an exterior vehicle inspection and interior vehicle equipment inspection.
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is in operational order and maintains the cleanliness of delivery equipment (e.g., refrigeration unit, insulated tubs/bags, etc.).
- Properly uses and maintains assigned smart phone for communications and route assistance.
- Loads the vehicle accounting for all stops on the route. Ensures no food is missing by matching the labels on the kitted bags to the Driver’s Delivery Manifest.
- Ensures the safe distribution of meals directly to the door of our clients or designated drop-off sites.
- Communicates with clients in a professional, compassionate and courteous manner; maintains client confidentiality of all personal and health information.
- Reports vehicle maintenance issues or concerns immediately to Delivery Management.
- Reviews daily routing to ensure deliveries are timely and that all changes have been incorporated in an effective way. Reviews each client/delivery stop change for impact on routing/timing efficiency.
- Notifies Delivery Management when deliveries will be affected by any delays or issues (e.g., traffic, weather).
- Follows all safety precautions for food safety, personal safety, volunteer or Van Assistant safety and vehicle safety.
- Provides guidance to volunteer Van Assistants and orients them in delivery safety practices.
- Maintains a valid NYS or NJS driver’s license.
You are highly self-motivated and energetic, and you are looking for a collaborative, team-oriented environment in which to excel. You prioritize safe driving and
the safe delivery of meals to our clients who are facing severe illness.
In addition, you meet the following requirements:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Valid NYS or NJS Driver’s License
· Driving knowledge of the five New York City boroughs and Hudson County, New Jersey
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Ability to work under stressful situations
· Ability to tolerate extreme temperatures
· Ability to sit for several hours
· Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
· Ability to identify whether, and what type of, routine maintenance is required for the delivery vans