Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
God’s Love We Deliver, a nonsectarian organization, is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God’s Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client’s severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God’s Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency’s services are provided free of charge.
About the Role
God’s Love We Deliver is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing nutritious meals to individuals who are too sick to shop or cook for themselves. We are seeking a Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to help us recruit, train, and manage our volunteers. This is a full-time onsite position in our New York City offices. This position requires regular work on Sunday (a Sunday through Thursday schedule) and occasional work on Saturday (a Saturday through Wednesday schedule).
- Benefits: Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance at low cost to employees. Option to enroll in pre-tax Commuter Transit, Flexible Spending Account, and Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403B with up to a 2% match each pay period
- Paid Time Off including
- 15 Days of annual Paid Vacation Time Off in first year of employment, increasing with length of service
- 12 days of annual Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Sunday though Thursday, or occasionally, Saturday through Wednesday.
- A rewarding work environment: Supporting our operations providing nutritious meals to New Yorkers living with severe illness.
- A collaborative work environment: Everyone works together to contribute their talents and their ideas.
- A fun work environment: Periodic staff lunches and Happy Hours; an annual staff retreat to focus on team learning and team-building; a fun Holiday Party to celebrate our staff
- An inclusive work environment: Celebrating diversity, equity and accessibility, valuing the unique perspectives and life experiences that all employees bring to work.
- This position requires onsite work.
- This is a Full-Time exempt position, paying $58,500 – $60,000 annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers through various channels, including social media, introductions/referrals, online postings, and community outreach events.
- Communicate effectively with volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders in the organization and be able to articulate the organization’s mission and goals clearly and be able to motivate and inspire volunteers.
- Coordinate and conduct volunteer orientations and trainings.
- Flexibility in work schedule to meet departmental needs.
- Ensure that volunteer positions are filled with qualified individuals.
- Make sure there are enough volunteers to cover all necessary shifts.
- Screen and match candidates with appropriate volunteer positions.
- Cultivate and sustain partnerships with other volunteer organizations in the community.
- Match volunteers with appropriate roles based on their skills, interests, and availability.
- Maintain accurate records of volunteer information and hours worked using our volunteer management software, Volunteer Hub.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase volunteer retention and engagement.
- Assist with planning and executing volunteer appreciation events.
- Provide ongoing support and communication to volunteers to ensure a positive experience.
- Collaborate with other staff members & departments to ensure the smooth functioning of volunteer programs and events.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures related to volunteer management.
- Develop content for God’s Love’s electronic newsletter, communication materials and guidelines.
- Represent the agency at events sponsored by God’s Love and its outside affiliates/partners.
- Special Events/Holiday/Project Management.
- Assist in planning for God’s Love’s major volunteer events including the holidays by defining volunteer needs, sourcing extra recruits, and managing the project in Volunteer Hub.
You are highly self-motivated and empathetic, a ‘people person’ with a strong desire to support our mission. You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In addition, the right candidate meets the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Customer Service Environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred; experience supervising a volunteer workforce a strong plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal communications skills, demonstrating cultural competency and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of constituents.
- Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Team player committed to the mission of God’s Love We Deliver.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in VolunteerHub a strong plus.