A bilingual survey was conducted among our clients with a primary diagnosis of cancer. We are pleased to report the following positive outcomes reported by our clients:
- Of the 37% who changed their diet with the RDNs since starting the program, 79% report that the diet change has helped them manage the side effects of medication and/or helped them to tolerate food better.
- 75% strongly agree or agree that their nutrition knowledge has increased because of the information received from the RDNs and 74% strongly agree or agree that the foods that they buy are healthier choices because of what was learned from the RDNs.
- 90% strongly agree or agree that receiving food from God’s Love has reduced their stress about not having enough to eat.
- 90% agree or strongly agree that the food received from God’s Love We Deliver helps them to eat more nutritiously than they would otherwise.
- 94% agree or strongly agree that getting food from God’s Love We Deliver helps them to live more independently.
The most prevalent types of cancer for clients on our program are: breast (24%), colorectal (17%), prostate (9%), lung (8%), multiple myeloma (7%), ovarian (4%), and pancreatic (4%). Other cancers comprised 27%.*